Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 1090 - Remembering...

Tonight after I was looking through my drawers in my bathroom cabinet, I came upon the Litmus Paper tests that I purchased three years ago. I remember that time like it was yesterday. The emotions I was feeling, the unknown, the fear, but also the grace of God. God gave both Anthony and I such peace that I can barely describe. No medications would have ever given us that. I wondered if I would still feel that way and if I am still in that frame of mind with my walk with God. 3 years have passed and we are still unable to attend a church due to keeping Ava safe and healthy. What I do have is the memory that God is in control. We lived that and let God control what was going to happen to Ava. Nothing will ever take that away.

My friend wrote the following on her Facebook page:
"Sometimes things get rough...sickness, death, life's drastic changes and ya get left...empty, numb, overwhelmed by every little thing. Then someone or something comes along and reminds you of the God that created the universe is in your life and nothing is to big for Him...Yesterday's miracles flood in and remind you....remind you...He holds your every breath...just breathe, keep walking fwd and let Him do the rest. I was reminded of this last night and this morning....it brings so much peace. Nothing like the breath of a little one that just breathes and lets God do the rest....thank you for this reminder Ava...you are so loved!!!"

That's what I have to do, as well as every believer. Take hold of these miracles that you have seen, especially this miracle that most of you have been part of. Always remember that God is in control and has the best intentions for you. Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. It may not go according to YOUR plan, but God's plans are so much greater and filled with the greatest of love for you.

Someday we hope to travel and tell Ava's story. It seems her story is a story of letting God control your circumstances. I think that time is coming soon but we are not sure how to get started.

Thanking God for the miracles we have seen and praying for peace for all...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ann, I needed to hear that today about Ava, and especially the bible verse. - Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete