Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 1 - We Made It Through the Night!

Anthony stayed the night in the hospital and we awoke to realizing that since the NICU didn't call us, that Ava is still alive. She received a brain scan, and since the neonatologist's warned us that she could have blood on the brain after delivery, we were very excited to find out that her brain scan turned out fine. They still warned us that it could happen at any time, but that is still a very good sign. She seems to be doing well on the oscillator and we are hoping that they will put her on another ventilator that is not as hard on her body. The doctor's keep stating to us that this is a long road and we can't even get them to have a smile on their faces. We decided that her full name would be - Ava Maddison.

I told the nurses that I wanted to start pumping so the lactation nurse came and gave me a pump. I am so glad I can do that for her.

Day 1 - completed! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment