Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 832

 Ava got to go to Fantasy Island on Saturday and stop at a friend's birthday party. It was a really great day and we all had so much fun. On Mother's Day I got Ava to eat 6 oz of food and drink milk from a glass. She was so excited to be eating like a big girl.

I spoke to Lung Center today as I do every Monday and the RT seemed very excited that Ava should be able to come off the vent and be without a trach by Fall. I told her about how I scared the new night nurse by training her if Ava's pulsox drops and how to react. Of course not even 10 minutes after I told her what to do, the pulsox numbers dropped and the nurse thought that something was wrong. It was just the pulsox but she didn't understand how stable Ava is. Ava's RT said that hopefully we won't have to worry about nurses much longer since Ava will be off the vent/trach. We still don't have a nurse on Saturday nights and Sunday days. And of course those random times of call-ins or illness.

Thanking God for Ava's advancements and fun and praying for those Lungs to keep on growing strong and healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment