Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 584

We had a great weekend! Lots of fun adventures to tell you about. First she pulled her trach out on me again and Anthony was asleep because he took care of Ava during the night. Ava was in her walker next to our dining room table. I had to grab the trach across the room and put her on the table. She started crying because I don't think she liked being up there. It's amazing to hear her cry. This was the first time I heard a "real" cry and not just a little squeak. It gives me shivers and I get so excited to think that we could hear her someday soon. I had to get the lubricant out and put it on the trach and get it in. I don't know how long it was between figuring out the trach was out and getting a new one in, but it must have been at least a minute, and she still was pink. So amazing but still so scary. Please God let her be vent free.

Earlier when her vent came off when she was in her walker, she scooted away without the vent on her. She actually signs that she is "All done" with the vent. Hopefully she will do it to lung center. ;)

In other news, we bought a Suburban so we can drive around as a whole family. We were able to go for ice cream Friday night. Saturday we went to the park and took Ava on her first walk. She actually smiled the whole time and we also sat her in the grass. We pulled grass for her to touch and she even layed back in it. She loved it and it was so amazing to show her this at her age. I also had her touch an egg when I made some Apple Cinnamon bread. I had her crack it with me and stir the batter. She loves going places and enjoying new experiences. She is such an easy going child. God has blessed us so much with her and our other two ladies.

This past week we were also able to go down on her feed for her to eat only 16 hours a day at 53 ml per hour. It really helps to make her mobile and not be attached to a feeding pump. They also want her to slim down a bit and it might help her lungs not to have to work so hard. Did you ever imagine that a 1 lb. 2 oz baby was going to have to slim down? So funny. But we have been working on her legs quite a bit with her in her walker and her bouncers. She is also tired of playing with her toys. She goes through toys so fast. Anybody have some clean toys that we can borrow for a few weeks and give back?

Only a few days till all our doctors appointments. I can barely contain my excitement!

Thanking God for helping us and praying for incredibly awesome blessings this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment