Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 176 - Ava moved to the PICU!

Ava moved today to the PICU. She didn't not have much fun, but later in the day I settled her down and she was sleeping. They lowered her settings to 50 bpms, and a peep of 8. Her O2 was 50%, but they haven't worked to lower it yet, which they could. The originally got a gas when they lowered her bpms to 40 of 80, but then we they upped her settings to 50 bpms, her gas game down to 64. So they kept her at that. They also sedated her a little and upped her steroids a little bit to what should be in her body. He said that it won't cause damage to her brain, unless it's high use for long periods.

I found out from the lactation consultant today, that I am the only mom that has gone 176 days of pumping. I told her I will make the record even longer as long as it helps Ava. ;) We ran out of milk this morning in the NICU because we found out that they dumped all whole days worth of milk because it had an additive they put in, that bothered Ava. Every feeding is 110 ml times 4. I don't make that kind of milk in a day, so I am sad that we lost so much.

Ava's GI test will now be tomorrow.

Praying for the PICU to get Ava home to us and please let those settings go down...

2 comments:

  1. Ann, what a big day. it looks like you have done so much already to settle her in. You have been so good about the pumping and I'm sure it is helping Ava's body so much. BUmmer about the missed day though. Pumping is tough you are a great mama. Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe one of the reasons she has done so well is that your breast feeding her.Nothing better than her mama's milk.Ill keep the prayers coming your way.Jackeys on vacation this week.God Bless Nancy

    ReplyDelete