Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 183

Ava finally got to eat again today. She was still in pain a bit, but she was sleeping when we came in. We changed her trach which literally made me nauseous doing. It is the scariest thing I think I have ever done, and what's odd is that I know it will become natural to me, just like the vent tubing popping off. And I will of course, do anything to get her home, so I will get the trach figured out in no time. The nurse that taught us, also was Hunter Kelly's nurse. She is off of the methadone now and the are going to put a PIC line in her tomorrow so they can administer meds and be able to get better blood gasses.

Praying for Ava to feel better soon...

1 comment:

  1. Ann, lots of prayers and love for your whole family. You continue to handle Ava's care with grace and faith. Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete