Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 187 - Swallow Study

Ava's gas was high this morning - 77 and 92. But she wasn't happy when they got the gasses.

We did our swallow study at 2:30pm today. It was so hard on Ava. We had to roll her down the hallway in her bed, and into the x-ray room while bagging her. Then we had to put her in a seat like a car seat but a little more upright. She was mad and she kept sliding down and moving her head to the right. I was trying to give her the pacifier but she didn't really want it. Tried giving her a bottle of barium (yuck!) so they could see it go down her throat. Finally after pushing a syringe of barium in her mouth and the paci in, she finally swallowed a little. We didn't know if we got any results, but we did and it did go down her throat and not into her lungs. Thank God! So we are going to try and breast feed on Monday. Hopefully I can make that happen with going to Kingdom Bound.

The nurse said tonight that she goes brady (heart rate goes down) and desatted. I don't hear about it too often but it has me concerned that it happens often. I don't really know why. I will have to ask if it happens every day.

Ava weighs 5.42 kg - 11 lbs. 9 oz.

Praying for Ava's lungs to grow strong and healthy and to breastfeed on Monday...

2 comments:

  1. I pray for Ava and hope she will be able to breastfeed. You are doing a great job! Love, Jackey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Ava's lungs to grow, be able to breast feed and to be able to come home soon. I hope and pray you make it Kingdom Bound.

    I pray that the God of Mircles Continues to Work Mircles in her life.... God has certainly blessed Ava with great parents... he knew what he was doing with he blessed Ava with you both - love you, and praying for you all.. Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete