Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 748

I decided to take Ava to the doctor today since she doesn't seem to be much better. She usually is better faster than this. She was also pulling on her ear so I thought that maybe she had an ear infection and I can't do much about that. Anthony has been away since Wednesday so my nurse and I went to a 1pm doctor appointment. They took a swab of her nose to see if she has RSV. They actually think she does and it could possibly get worse. I told them we should probably go on steroids since they would do that for normal children. She has been spitting up all her food for the last couple of days so we are mixing half of her feed with half Pedialyte. The doctor said to mix more than half of Pedialyte to make sure she doesn't aspirate which could cause an infection.

After we got home, Ava slept in my arms for a couple of hours and when her sisters got home from my parents house, she was very excited to see them. She is on 1.5 liters of O2 and the nurse actually put her up to 2 liters in the middle of the night without letting us know. I don't know what she was satting when she did that. Hopefully we can wean her more tomorrow. Her temp seems to be better and her heart rate and breath rate seem to be back to normal.

Thanking God for Ava's strength and praying that she gets back to norm soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment