Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 261

Ava's gas was 74 this morning. They took another gas at 1pm to see if it was really that, and they got 60. So they went down on her pressure to 22 and got a gas of 73.

The nurse said she was crabby today and she hadn't slept a lot. A volunteer came in and held Ava for over an hour. Ava fell asleep and was pretty happy with her. I was able to breast feed her today for about 10 minutes and then she stopped and fell asleep. When she woke up she got really mad, so mad that because it was dark in there, I couldn't tell if she was turning blue or not. She wasn't but I put her back in bed and the nurse came in and turned on the lights. I managed to calm Ava down by sitting her up and patting her on her back. She was able to hold her head pretty steady and she had grabbed one of her toys. She was holding it and it was right in her face and was falling asleep. I eventually put her down and she soothed herself and went to sleep. I am glad I was able to handle the situation and I was the only one who handled it because I knew her best. It gave me some confidence when she gets really mad, which doesn't happen very often.

She is still smelling pretty bad around her neck even after being cleaned and the nurse on tonight who knows Ava says she smells like that specific trach bug. But it could have colonized now and not be bothering her. When I came in tonight and she was sleeping, she looked a bit pale and she also has been a bit upset more than usual. I am praying for protection to never be sick again.

Praying for Ava to get stronger...

1 comment:

  1. As always, Ann, you have a beautiful blog. Thank you for the pictures and updates. Lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete