Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 267

Ava's gas was 97, 10 am 82, and then 90 tonight at 6pm. I told the nurse that I wanted her to be cultured so they finally did it. The nurse told me she didn't sleep again and she was really upset. I later talked to a resident that I believe just came on today, and he told me that he didn't see any problems with her and that she didn't have a temperature.

I came in earlier after being concerned all morning and my mom taking the girls. She was asleep in the swing and I was able to clean up her room a bit. She woke up after almost 2 hours and the Lung Center doctor came in and checked her out. He didn't seem to think it was her lungs either but it was something that was bothering her. The on-call doctor came around on their rounds and he seems to think that "if she isn't going home anytime soon, that we should just put a cuffed trach in." After the doctors were gone, I was Ava in her tub, which she LOVED and changed her trach ties and held her for a bit. She slept in my arms for at least 30 minutes and then awoke (just like yesterday) very upset and it took 10 minutes to calm her down. We gave her tylenol and orajel and she finally calmed down. I actually took care of her that whole time, so it definitely makes me feel confident that I can do it at home. I settled her into bed and she watched Baby Einsteins (which she loves) and played with her toys. Our on-call doctor (who is our favorite) was on tonight and he missed Ava's episode but he came in and started to investigate. He listened to what was going on with Ava and then ordered some more blood tests and he did an ear exam. He found that her right ear was infected and is giving her antibiotics. Yeah! I was so excited. I told him that I wish he was on all the time. He is one of the greatest doctors that we have met!

Ava was basically calm the rest of the time, and I read our family's favorite book "Peekaboo Kisses" to her and she would smile at me. I picked her up for a bit and rocked her and put her back to bed watching Baby Einstein before I left. I love my baby girl so much and I feel like she is ready to come home. Her heart rate has been a bit high and hopefully the blood gasses will be lower. They are going to take on at 12am.

Praying that Ava feels great and her blood gasses are perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment