Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 266 - 38 Weeks Old!

Ava's gas was 67 this morning, down 1 from yesterday. She did not sleep through the night though and was quite upset most of the morning.

I came in with my mom today and she settled a bit when we were there. I picked her up and she threw up at least a half cup of yellow bile from her stomach. She was covered with it and I got some on myself too. So I put her back in bed and she seemed to not be as unhappy. I cleaned her up, changed her trach since we want to change her trach every Sunday, and by that time she was ready to go to sleep. I wanted Grandma to hold her since she never has so we put Ava in her arms and she fell asleep. She woke up after almost 10 minutes and started to get mad. It turned into a 15 minute fit and I really couldn't console her like I normally do during that time. She was turning blue, but she wasn't looking as bad as she has in the past. Air was flowing through her lungs so she wasn't clamping down, so we just continued to try and soothe her. Finally she settled down and went to sleep. She was sweaty and I was sweaty. We are not sure if her reflux is bothering her or if she is just teething but I haven't seen her like this in a long time. Please pray that she is not getting sick and to give the doctors and nurses wisdom and knowledge. They don't want to culture her trach or PIC line because she is showing no other signs. These are the signs she did show the last time she got sick.

Ava weighs 5.94 kg = 13.10 pounds. She gained again! One week from tomorrow they will hopefully try the home vent again.

Praying for Ava's lungs to grow and be strong...

1 comment:

  1. Ann how wonderful your mom must have felt to finally hold Ava.Babies can be so fussy so lets just hope and pray that is all it is.Our church prays for her every sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete