Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 470

Ava had a good night and only woke up with slight gas pains. She had a great day until we went to Lung Center. The resident in Lung Center accidentally woke her up when he was checking her and she woke up with such a start that she was desatting. I picked her up and felt that she had secretions so the nurse suctioned her and I knew that she didn't go far enough to get it out. After she was done, Ava was still upset and desatting so I put her back in her car seat and suctioned her myself. I went down to 8 to get the secretions out and the doctor lectured me about suctioning that far. Which I know, but she needed the secretions out and unfortunately when you suction at 7 you don't get them. So when we were there it didn't look as if Ava is really doing as well as we are saying she is. He said that he wasn't going to probably going to do any changes this summer and most likely not in the winter. And he said she wouldn't be off the vent next summer. But overall they are going to see how she does. The really only make changes during the summer, which isn't that long of a season in Buffalo. Hopefully Ava can break down any preconceived ideas and kick this vent to the curb. I have already seen her volumes in the 100s versus 60s-90s prior to us going home the first time.

We see ENT Thursday and they should be able to tell us about suctioning her to get the secretions out and give us a doctors order to go to 8 if needed.

Thanking God for Ava's growth and praying for Ava to kick the vent out... lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment