Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 471

Ava slept really well last night and had a great day which I love to say has been the usual. She did spit up for me tonight around 9:30 pm again with clear foamy saliva and her gastric juices are still being drained out. I had an interesting conversation with the Pediatrician's office today. Last Thursday, our ped told one of the office women to call for all of our doctor's appointments to help me out. I called today to find out if they got anymore appointments and this other woman said that she knew nothing of them helping me out. And that they don't do that. And that I know my own schedule... blah blah blah. Of course, but I didn't tell them to make my appointments. I did give them a list of the days we were available and the PEDIATRICIAN nicely offered to schedule our appointments. They copied my list of doctors and their phone numbers as well. The woman got so rude with me that I broke down in tears and hung up the phone. She kept insisting they don't do that as if I was telling her to do it. She also kept saying "Mary, told me that we don't have to do it." Who the heck is Mary? The office manager, I suppose. They all know that Ava is pretty much their most critical patient and this woman is too lazy to help out even after the doctor told them to do it. Of course the doctor is away for a couple of days so I can't even let him know.

We had physical therapy come today and she hasn't had experience with a vent patient in Genesee County. Very interesting... But overall she said Ava did very well socially. Ha - that sounds like the Hackett family. We will be getting an eval next week from PT and the rest of the therapies are coming Friday to do their evals.

We are also still trying to get her blood draws to happen at home and that is not easy as well. I do think we will be getting her IVIG at home. That's a good thing because they would want us to admit her to the hospital for a couple of hours otherwise.

Thanking God for help and praying for some relief with Ava's care and scheduling...

2 comments:

  1. Ann,having worked as a home care nurse with families that have children I do know that the families are responsible for setting up their child's appointments not the Pediatricians office. Do you realize how many children they would be setting appointments for? They wouldn't have the staff or the time to do this. The Dr. miss spoke. My families have made up monthly calendars and add their child's Dr appointments,therapies and all other visits their child has coming up for each month. I hope this helps.....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...my pediatrician's office has made outside appointments for all three of my children on several occasions. If the dr said it a follow-up conversation with her is needed. Hang in there Ann

    ReplyDelete