Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 301 - 43 Weeks Old!

I don't even know how to begin this post. Ava went down to 87% O2 at 6am this morning and stayed there. She was a bit upset and we thought it was because she didn't like her nurse. Her heart rate was a bit high as well. They gave her the asthma treatment and chest PT and she was fine all day until 4pm. Her nurse (who normally doesn't have her), noticed she was getting a bit agitated in her red chair and put her back in bed. They gave her chest PT and she got really mad and desatted to 67. I heard she popped off the vent too, but I'm not quite sure what happened. By the time I got in, she has an IV line in her hand. They told me what happened and I said she was sick. She was on 30% O2. The doctor on call for tonight, decided to put a femeryl line in since her PIC line was gone. He asked what % steroids she was on, and her nurse said none. I showed them Ava's steroid wean calendar and told them what dose she should be on. Her nurse today didn't even know she was on steroids. She didn't get her 8am dose of 6mg, nor did she get her 4pm dose of 4 mg! If this went longer, it could have major side effects! The doctor put her on a sedative and paralyzed her again. She was at 100% O2, but now is down to 40% and a rate of 40. Her gas only went to 69 and I'm hoping she gets off the paralytic tomorrow. I am thinking she may just have an ear infection since it wasn't checked.

Oh how I wish I had nothing to post like last night.

Thanking God for him catching mistakes, and praying that the docs and nurses have wisdom and knowledge... And me too...

1 comment:

  1. Ann, what a day. You are so involved in her care and look how your attention to detail paid off for her. We are praying for you all and her drs.

    ReplyDelete