Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 305 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Ava's gasses were 28 last night and this morning. Later this afternoon, her gas was 32. They went down to her rate to 10 and she still is on 30% O2. She is completely off sedation this afternoon as well. She wakes up a bit when she hears a noise in the PICU. I think I have some good news about her CAT scan but until I have it confirmed from a doctor, I'm not going to say yet. ;)

We want to thank everyone that has helped us this past year. Without you (and of course God), we would haven't gotten through this. There is so many people to thank so I am only going to name a few: my parents for watching the girls anytime we need them to and everything else they have done, Amy and the other people from my Mom's church that have made meals for us twice a week now for many months, Rachel for coming to our aid and letting God guide you to help us save Ava, my MOPS friends who were willing to watch the girls while I was in the hospital and fervently prayed for Ava the day she was born, Nickole who has helped clean my house numerous times, Connie for you constant listening to our daily adventures and sympathetic ear as well as becoming "Aunt Connie", Becky for all the days you have watched the girls, helped me organize and prayed for Ava countless hours at a time, Knox Church for all your prayers and donating to our family so we could have freezer meals, Jessica for organizing our freezer meals, and the nurses who have fallen in love with Ava and take awesome care of her, who have also listened to me every day and night (probably for hours) talk about Ava and how God has told me she is going to make it. I really could go on and on because there are so many of you, so please don't think I am leaving you out, because we are so thankful. So here's a list of just a few other things that you all have done: watch the girls, bring us food, pray for our family, clean the house, send us cards, gift cards and presents for Ava, surprises in the mail, phone conversations and constant support. God has brought all of you into our lives to help us through a time where I really wish we didn't need any help, but we do. I do hope that Ava's adventures have changed your life as much as she has changed ours.

Most of all, I want to thank you God for letting us keep Ava here. My life has never had such incredible highs before. I sometimes leave the hospital so high on Ava's smile, it's unbelievable. You have shown me how wonderful my life is and how much I need to be one with you. Thank you for bringing me my husband, my beautiful girls, my parents, and all our other family and friends. Our life together is about as wonderful as you can get here on earth. Most of all, thank you for your promise with Ava and showing me how great you are. Every day is another day closer to my three ducklings.

Thanking God for Ava's amazing journey and for God letting Ava be here with us and praying for Ava's continued protection...

No comments:

Post a Comment