Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 375

 Ava had a good night with her usual desats when she stooled. We are really thinking she just wants some attention during the day and until she gets it, she pulls off her vent and desats.

My mom and I had our CPR training as well as the suction machine together today. Tomorrow is more training on the vent and with the battery and the machine that tells us her O2 saturations. I am going to stay the night on Saturday for my "official" night where I have to handle all of Ava's care. Monday is our "bunny run" where we take a stuffed bunny out to the car and the respiratory therapist pulls something on the vent to make it alarm and we have to fix it. Thursday is our meeting to make sure we are ready for discharge. Next Saturday, Anthony goes in to do his "official" night. At that point, once we get the supplies we should be ready to bring Ava home.

Ava weighs 7.8 kg = 17.2 pounds. She gained a lot. Hopefully she isn't full of you know what. Her nurse during the night said she had cleaned herself out pretty good.

Although I am nervous to bring her home, she just loves us being around her and I get very excited to bring her home. I can barely imagine having Ava in our house every day and letting her roll around on the carpet, having control over how Ava is raised, trying to get her to push her feet off the floor and help her to sit up.

Thanking God for this opportunity with Ava and praying that it goes smoothly...

No comments:

Post a Comment