Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 378

Ava had a really rough night. She was up just like the other night I stayed - every couple of hours down to every 15 minutes where she would desat and the only way to get her rest was to bag her. I was exhausted by morning, and I am nervous bringing her home. I did feel a bump in the back of her head filled with fluid but they don't think it's a problem because maybe it's just the part of her skull that is still open from being a baby. The rest of her day was rough and she slept on and off. Hopefully tonight she sleeps well.

Last night, I was holding Ava and her vent tubing popped off Ava's trach and fell onto the floor. I bagged her while I waited for the RT to come put new tubing on. After he put the tubing on, and Ava was fine and back in bed, I noticed he had put the tubing on the wrong way. Since it was my night, I thought that Lung Center was tricking me to see if I noticed it was wrong. But they actually hadn't, it was actually on wrong. Thankfully it doesn't change anything when it is on wrong.

Thanking God for Ava's ability to fight and praying for Ava to be calm and get better fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment