Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 392 - 13 months old!!

Ava's gas was 55 this morning and they decided to take her off the paralytic. By the time I came in she was given a bit more sedation because she was getting upset a little. I came in and told them that she should go down on her breaths per minute because she fight the vent for a breath. So they went down to 20 bpm and got a gas of 67. She is in 45% O2. She woke up for me for a bit and was actually trying to make the "O" face for me and then was even blowing raspberries at me and trying to talk. I was wiping out her mouth and she was holding her suction catheter and suctioning her mouth out. She is so amazing. She started getting a little upset and pulling the vent off so they sedated her a bit more. As of now, she is sleeping and hasn't needed another sedation dose besides an additional one she had at 5:30 pm.

Thanking God for Ava's progress and praying that we can get Ava home soon and that she will never return to the hospital for any illness...

1 comment: