Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 133 - 19 weeks old!

Ava's gas was 57 this morning and 54 this afternoon. She is on 68 ml of food and is on 50 - 54% O2. She has not desatted all day (gone down on the percentage of O2 in her blood). I never saw her go below 90% O2. She always went below 90% before the trach.

My mom and I went in to see her today and she seemed pretty happy to see both of us. She would turn her head towards me. I can't even explain how much love I feel for her. My arms ache from not holding her since Thursday. She is God's gift to our family.

One of our other gifts are my parents. Without you, Mom and Dad; Anthony, the girls and I couldn't have gotten through this past year without you. I am forever grateful for watching our ladies and helping to raise them despite their daily adventures of sisterhood. Dad, I will bring you out to see Ava whenever you want me to.

Hopefully I can hold her soon. Wednesday they will change her trach and take out the stiches. Maybe by early next week, she can start trying to feed. She sucked on her paci really well all day but was gagging for me a bit. I am hoping she won't gag on the bottle.

Praying for her lungs to grow and to be able to be fed...

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of your mom and Ava. Very special. You are blessed with a wonderful family all around you.

    ReplyDelete