Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 144 - A better day...

Ava's gas was 69 this morning. It was 71 this afternoon and it stayed the same in the evening. She was up all day even after they were trying to sedate her. Her O2 was around 65% but it went up to 80% at times as well. She is definitely feeling better today and they put her back in her crib with her favorite mobile that we just bought. Anthony went in tonight and he got to hold her again for an hour. I really love our first primary nurse. She cares so much about Ava and treats her as if she is family. She even bought her two outfits and texted me every day this week to find out how Ava was.

I found out that the nurse yesterday wasn't giving me the right info. Ava didn't aspirate and the infection she had could have been the cause of her illness.

Ava weighs 9 lbs 6.5 oz. - she seems to be swollen.

Praying for Ava to be strong and healthy...

2 comments:

  1. I am pleased that ava had a good day. - Nancy R. (and I hope you too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, Ann! I hope she is happy back in her crib. I'm glad she has such a caring nurse. I'm happy to hear you got clarification and maybe the other nurse will be more diligent with her facts going forward since they really have an affect. Hope you all can enjoy more cuddles this weekend. Love Maureen

    ReplyDelete