Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 147 - 21 Weeks old!

Ava's gas was 76 today and 72 later in the day, so it has come down and they did not put her back on the oscillator. Her nurse said her color looked great and she was happy. She is finally back to full feeds but she is spitting up a bit. She also was able to stool last night as well. Her O2 was 80% and now it's down around 70%.

Ava wore her cute onesie for her daddy today (it says "I brighten Daddy's world") and the nurses made him a sign with her (love to say this) BIG feet. =P

When I was leaving today, she was looking at me and I told her how much I loved her and how God has blessed us with her and I started to cry and she looked like her eyes were watering, but she kept staring and holding my finger. Since her stay in the hospital has been so long and she is now not just a newborn that sleeps, I feel like she wants us to stay or to take her home. It's really heartbreaking. I want to grab her, run out of there, take her home, cuddle her up and have her sissies sing to her.

Praying for Ava's doctors and nurses to know what to do for her to give peace and healing...

1 comment:

  1. Glad Tony was able to enjoy a special day with Ava! Hope Ali had a great birthday too. Big day! Love you! Maureen

    ReplyDelete