Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 135

Ava's gas was 61 today. She is down to 44% O2. She is also on a rate of 30 breaths per minute. They are hoping to get her rate down to 20, and the pressure down a bit and they will put her on CPAP. Then they will try and feed her. They never told me that before. They changed her trach today (a day earlier than expected), and I was able to hold her.

Ava scared me today when her vent became detached when I was holding her. The nurse was having a hard time re-attaching it because her head was propped up because of my arm and her triple chins were getting in the way. It took over 30 seconds to attach and at that point she was turning grey. It made me sick to see her that way.

I found out that Genesee County hasn't seen a preemie case for nursing in over a year. I am hoping that won't make her nursing care delayed. I am hoping that they will work faster since they only have Ava.

Ava weighs 7 lbs. 10 oz.

Praying for Ava to be able to feed and heal...

1 comment:

  1. Ann,

    It was so nice seeing you today and catching up on Ava. It is great to see Ava growing and moving in a positive direction. While you guys have gone through some difficult times, take comfort in knowing that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Your buddy...Andy

    ReplyDelete