Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 156

Ava's gas was 69 this morning. They are happy with that, but it's still high and we can't lower her rate with that high of gas. She is in 53% O2 and 45% later this evening.

Whomever I spoke with today (since I couldn't come in because I have a slight sore throat), told me that she is on a tightrope and could go one way or the other. This person also told me that Ava aspirated her food two weeks ago and that is why she had all those problems. I told her that the doctor told me that wasn't true. I kept trying to tell her that isn't true, but she and (I believe) the new doctor that is coming on duty, believes it to be true. But I was told by a few of the people in her past team, that she didn't aspirate.

It really looks as if Ava is not going to get home in August. Her rate isn't going down, and they won't even try to feed her until that goes down.

Ava weighs 9 lbs from last nights weigh-in. Tonight she is weighing 9lbs. 4 oz. - must be water weight.

Praying for Ava to be healthy and get home to us...

2 comments:

  1. Ann, We are continuing to pray for you guys! Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann!
    Sorry the staff is giving you mixed messages. And not a message for on the phone - compassion? I will say from my experiences with feeding you will get a split response - aspiration is seen via the x-ray only and some people like to believe it does or doesn't happen even if they were not present in the room! I am praying for health for you both! Lots of love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete