Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 221

Ava's gasses were 51 and 63 today and 69 tonight. One was arterial and the other wasn't so that is why it was higher. Ava is doing much better. I finally got to hold her today but she wasn't happy. So, I just got up and rocked her and patted her on her back and she fell asleep. Today made me torn between wanting my baby home, but very scared about how to care for her. She gags from the cuff that is around her trach more than her just her trach used to. We are just praying for total healing. I do think I could take care of her better at home than any hospital can. She can grow and thrive at home and be a baby. The vent leaked water back in her trach and I kept telling the nurses there is fluid there. The nurse finally listened to me and suctioned her and I even saw lots of water around her trach. She was completely wet around her neck. Ava is definitely doing better today. She could look around and focus. But she acted like she didn't know me. I really hope God will just bring her home to us.

Ava did have a slight temperature today but it seem to go away. They want to change her to a different type of g-tube that would help her with acid reflux. She threw up twice last night a bit, but I think it was just a fluke thing.

Praying for Ava to BE healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment