Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 232

Ava's blood gasses were both 49 today. Really good, but she still is being heavily sedated. I decided to come in and be more active in Ava's care. I washed her up, changed her trach and trach ties. I am going to wash her up and change her trach ties every day. I also wiped down her room again as well.

I spoke with a "Family Centered Care Coordinator" today about our past issues and she said she could help us with them. She was also going to get a couple families talk with us about their past issues and their child coming home. I also talked to the discharge planner about training on everything we need to and she said she would get it moving. I finally feel a little bit relieved. Still don't exactly feel very trustworthy of the hospital but maybe things are moving in a better direction.

Ava weighs 5.48 kg = 12.08 pounds. Not sure how much of that is real weight or her retaining water.

Praying for Ava to be healthy and come home...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds encouraging with the Family Coordinator, and you and Tony being active in Ava's care. Still praying..Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, as always you are a wonderful advocate for your family. It is a shame to have to fight so hard sometimes with the staff. You are a wonderful mother for your three blessings. Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Anna, I am so glad you are taking over, and keeping her clean. Ava must feel so much better with you around. I see Ava going home sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete