Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 190 - The day Mama has been waiting for...

Ava's gas was 53. That's really good for her. At 11 am, we put Ava in my arms and she tried to breast feed. We were very patient and she was very calm, and not really hungry. She didn't have the greatest latch on, but she did really well and I believe she was able to get some milk and not choke. We are going to try tomorrow again and the speech therapist was really impressed. I am floating on air and can hardly believe that it finally happened. Praise God! But what is really great, is I have been telling all the doctors and nurses for months now, that I feel that God has given me the sense that she can nurse and will want to nurse. Now, that has come to fruition and it really shows how God can guide us and has used Ava and myself to show them to believe. This may also help another baby and mama in the future as well, since this is the first time a baby like Ava has done this. I hope that Ava can continue to do well, and shock them even more! Her nurse tonight even said that she acts like a normal baby developmentally. She also smiled an "official" smile today. Wow! What a day!

Praying for Ava to be a nurse well and grow healthy lungs...

5 comments:

  1. Ann - that's incredible! I am so happy for you and Ava. She's such a special little girl! Let us know if we can ever keep an eye on the girls for you on the weekend. Our kids would love new playmates!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAAAAA !!!!!! GO AVA !!!!!!

    Dave And Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWWOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOYEEEEAAAAAA...SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND AVA!!! PRAISE GOD!
    love, meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so amazed by your strength- it is beautiful! I am so glad you got to nurse. I know how precious this is for you and Ava. God is good.
    Heather Botzenhart

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Happy for you...sorry I mixed up, when I read your posting on facebook, I didn't see where you said "breast feeding"...... So thrilled for you praise God...... He is soooooo good..He is definatley watching over her - Answered Prayer... :-)- Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete