Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 191 - Another good day... with Ava that is.

Ava's gas was 56 this morning. They went down on her pressure a bit and her gas only went up to 62. The last time they went down, her blood gas went up to 90.

Occupational therapy came in a verified that developmentally she is at 2 months. She just needs to move her head to the left which she has been doing more of, and pulling and grasping objects. I need to find some toys that will hang from a string above her bed for her to play with.
I came in today to breastfeed and I noticed she was quite tired. I picked her up and she got so upset and the nurse had to bag her and then she fell asleep. I left for a little bit and came back to a happy and rested Ava. That's when she smiled a lot at me. And she will only smile at me. ;) Makes mama sooo happy! I tried to breast feed but she really wasn't interested and I had just pumped as well as she gets a continuous feed until Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow, Ava will want to eat. But she wasn't uncomfortable at all and loved me holding her.

Tonight I went to see my wonderful friend Maureen, who has moved away and I haven't seen in over a year. We both had our babies during this time and it was awesome to see her. We were running late after seeing Ava, so I didn't get there until almost 5pm and she was 2 hours away. Our kids were so excited to see one another. After we ate dinner, the kids were playing and they were running back and forth from the hallway of the house and then out to the garage. Well, at one point, I believe Ali was running to the cabinet in the garage, (which they were all running into and then running back) and she must have ran to the cabinet and bounced off landing on a sharp, square pointy metal object that looked like the top of a chimney. She came running to me and I didn't know what happened. After hugging her, I looked down and saw blood gushing from her head, which scared me! Then I noticed a puncture wound in the top of her head. It almost made me sick. I thought she had cracked her head open! I called her doctor and we quickly left because I couldn't get a phone signal and I didn't know if I should go to a Buffalo hospital (we were about 2 hours away). I got a hold of the doctor about 30 minutes later, after discussing Ali's head with Ava's former nurse who is now a nurse practitioner and lives near Batavia. The doctor said not to worry that they only put staples in when the bleeding won't stop. The bleeding has mostly stopped but we stopped at Ava's former nurse's house to see what she thought. She thought it wasn't really big, so there was nothing we could do but let it heal. I am so praying for the girls to stay healthy... Thank goodness God has been helping to keep me sane.

Praying for Ava to breastfeed well...

3 comments:

  1. Good news about Ava!! Love the pics!! So cute. Bad news though about Ali. As I always say and make a rule, no running in the house, for that reason. Piper is always an accident waiting to happen. So glad Ali was okay. That is really scary. Hope to catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love the smile on her. How precious..... :-)........ My smile can not compare to hers .... LOL........Nancy R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most wonderful smile. I was so looking forward to it.. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete