Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 203 - 29 Weeks Old!

Ava's blood gas was 68 this morning. Not bad and I guess her base excess is higher so that doesn't help her gas to come down. She's having a tough time breastfeeding. Her vent keeps popping off and both her and I get frustrated. Nothing seems to come easy that's for sure. Still praying that she can be freed from this vent and trach asap. God can make that happen. Ava threw up a bit tonight and she's been having some gas problems so she's been acting a little upset and as you can imagine, the nurses complain. Not a lot but enough and I know they do to each other. Her nurse last night doesn't like it when they tell her about Ava being cranky, but I found out this morning she was cranky for her, so it will be interesting to see what she thinks on Monday. I miss her former primary nurses in the NICU at Sisters and Children's. She does have a couple good ones in the PICU, but it would be awesome to combine them all...

Thanks for whomever sent the comment of a song for us. I can't add a comment. I'm hoping nobody else is having that problem. I may have to change the blog format... Sorry if that's the case.

Praying for Ava to breastfeed well and grow, grow, grow and come home...

2 comments:

  1. that was me, Elena, for some reason it wouldn't let me do anything after I pasted the words. I am praying for you guys daily! God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for missing us, and I am so sorry when things anr not 'smooth'...Ava is in my thoughts and prayers all the time...it is so hard to separate :(
    Bev

    ReplyDelete