Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 201

Ava was up at 4am upset. So they didn't get a blood gas this morning. After they vented her g-tube and let all her gas escape she felt better. Ava's gas was 68 at 9:40am.

They did a bronchnoscopy again today to check out her bronchial tubes. They found that it isn't floppy when she has a peep of 8 and when she gets upset her bronchial tube doesn't close which is a good thing. If it closes she can't breathe. They are hoping with her growth that it will grow so it could never close again. Her growth curve is not very good and need to go more on the upswing.

I tried to breastfeed again today and she was not interested at all. She would get upset. But it was after she got "bronched". I'm still praying that we can make this work.

Ava now weighs 5.1 kg which is 11.24 pounds.

Just a reminder, Ava's Prayer Vigil is August 29th at 6pm at Knox Church on Elmwood Ave in Kenmore, NY. We would love to have you come and celebrate God's gift of Ava to us and pray for her to be a healthy girl living a long fruitful life.

Praying for Ava to grow her lungs and become stronger...

1 comment:

  1. Through the Fire

    Lyrics:
    So many times i've questioned certain circumstances
    Or things I could not understand
    Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision
    And my frustration gets so out of hand
    Its then I am reminded I've never been forsaken
    I've never had to stand the test alone
    As I look at all the victories
    The spirit rises up in me
    And its through the fire my weakness is made strong

    Chorus:
    He never promised that the cross would not get heavy
    And the hill would not be hard to climb
    He never offered our victories without fighting
    But He said help would always come in time
    Just remember when your standing in the valley of decision
    And the adversary says give in
    Just hold on, our Lord will show up
    And He will take you through the fire again

    Bridge:
    I know within myself that I would surely perish
    But if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flames again, again

    ReplyDelete