Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 11 - Another day with Ava



Today I called to find out that Ava has an infection. I don't know much about it, but the nurse also said her settings were up on the oscillerator. But today she is starting to get 1.5cc's of my milk, up from the 1cc.

I had a doctor's appointment at the Seton Center which I had to wait an hour before seeing the NP. Afterward, I went over to see Ava. When I got there, I noticed her arm which is where they believe that she has an infection. It is blue with all this blood and swollen. The nurse told me tonight that they still don't have a sign of an infection but it takes 48 hours to know for sure. Her settings went up again as well this evening on her breathing machine. I'm just praying that they go down soon. We need some good news... It's so tiring. Ava does seem to be resting a bit more. She's my fighter and I hope she keep fighting.

A young woman and her husband came in the NICU this afternoon with ruptured membranes and almost 24 weeks pregnant. She looked really upset and I tried to give her encouragement and advice. She looked really sad at seeing how small Ava was. But I know the alternative.

So, here's to another day - praying for Day 12 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment