Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 17 - Exhaustion


I don't even remember how this day started... And it was yesterday. I believe around 4pm, Ava's oxygen saturation was getting into the 50s. They put her on 100% on her breathing machine. Anthony was on his way to Vegas and they called me to tell me what was going on. The told me to wait an hour or 2 and they would call me back. I waited an hour and called back. They said she was doing ok. I called later and talked to a new nurse and she told me that she would come in if she were me. So, I told my mom to come over and be in the house while the kids slept, and then had my friend Connie meet me by the airport. My other friend Rachel (who is a nurse out of Sister's), was meeting us there as well, along with my mother-in-law. We all got to the hospital and they told me that we may lose her. The doctor also said that most babies are off the breathing machine and breathing regular air sometime during this time and Ava has never. So that is another bad sign. But she made it through the night and her gasses seem to be better. And she continues to fight... You should have seen her shake her fist at those nurses. I thought I took a photo of it, but I didn't. It will be embedded in my mind forever though. =)

We are now supposed to stay in the hospital and we really need another miracle...

No comments:

Post a Comment