Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 35 - 5 weeks old!

My baby has been having a great day. She was down to 37% O2 during the day and the night nurse (that has never had her) has put her up to 40%. That nurse hasn't even been on for 2 hours yet and she's upping her O2. This has me concerned because all these new nurses just up her O2 when she dips down in her saturation. Meanwhile the nurses that know her don't up her O2. She had a good blood gas this morning and afternoon, so they put her at an amplitude of 16.

We were unable to come in today because I was sick the night before. The first day I missed seeing Ava.

I am definitely concerned with the new nurses. Tomorrow she has a nurse that she hasn't had before. I bet that Ava's O2 will either be in the 40s or 50s tomorrow morning because of the nurse's fear of her "desatting". Hopefully we can get a meeting with whomever we are supposed to speak with.

No comments:

Post a Comment