Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 32 - One month and counting

Ava had a very good day sleeping. I was told by the nurse that slept for at least 6 hours. When I went to see her tonight, she was sleeping again. They got her O2 down to 52 tonight, but when we came in she was up to 62. Her O2 saturation was in the 70s and then it finally went up in the 80s when we left. What a rollercoaster... Her settings are still the same - amplitude - 15, mean - 11. Her CO2 was 52 tonight, so they kept all her settings the same. It's good, but if it goes in the 60s, they may have to make a change. Hopefully they can get her down more tomorrow since they are weaning her off of the steroids with lower doses. The doctor said to the nurse that the steroids should still help her settings go down.

My dear friend Connie had gotten me a contact for a neonatologist at Children's Hospital that could give me someone that has been in the same situation as we are. That doctor gave me a phone number of a woman who had twins at 24 weeks who would love to speak with me about what they went through. I can't wait to talk to her. They also said that they were working on getting a group together that could speak to Mom's and relate life in the NICU. I offered to help in the future, as soon as we get out of this situation.

One more day down, at least 68 more to go (give or take).

No comments:

Post a Comment