Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 23

Today was a good day for Ava. She is up to 5.5 cc/ml of food. They are going to increase much more in the following days till she gets to 12 ml or whatever is according to her weight. She is now 1 lb. 10 oz., and increase of 1 oz in 2 days. That's pretty good. Her amplitude on her oscillator is down to 20 and her O2 is at 60. Her O2 has been lower but the settings are going lower so that is really good. Her chest xray showed improvement in her lungs, the first xray to show that. I didn't even know they could get better, but it's showing growth in her lungs. The nurse also changed the tape on her face to hold the breathing equipment because it was too tight - so her head is growing too. =)

I was able to put cream on her today and Ava's O2 saturation afterward was in the 90s. She loves her mama! Our favorite nurse is off until this weekend, so I am hoping the nurses will allow me to put cream on her the rest of the week. All the rest of my family is sick, Ali has an ear infection, Ari is just getting over hers, and Anthony is having asthma problems combined with whatever the girls have. I am still doing good (at least God is protecting me so I can see Ava.)

Another day closer to holding Ava...

No comments:

Post a Comment