Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 37 - The Day I got to hold Ava


I got to hold Ava today. It was unbelievable finally being in that situation. It was surreal. She also weighs 1 lb 12 oz. now. We are well on our way to 2 lbs. Her sugar was still a bit high again today but they gave her another shot. Her gas at 6pm was 59. She is not desatting very much. They increased her calories to 27 so hopefully she gain some fat quickly.

I called this morning and the nurse wanted me to ask if I could hold Ava. I did and she told me they were going to switch her to the ventilator and see how she took it. She told me not to call but come in after 1:30pm. She said that if it didn't go well that she would call. I didn't hear anything but got in around 2pm and found out that she took to it like there was no difference. Praise God! Tonight she is sleeping comfortably with her head finally facing up. I'm so happy to hear that she is comfy! She even got a new clean incubator today and new bedding. I told the nurse that I couldn't wait to nurse her and she teased me by saying "you're never happy, you're always wanting more!" Can't help it, it just feels naturally. Hopefully I can do that at 34 weeks, when the suck/swallow reflex starts. It also would mean she is developing well.

Praise God for how far we have come and that he has chosen us to be part of such a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Look at those beautiful, happy and tough girls!

    Yea team Hackett!

    Best always,
    - Peter

    ReplyDelete