Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 53


I got to go in and see Ava earlier this morning because I had a board meeting. Thankfully I got to see Ava's doctor that just started his three weeks on days yesterday. He was speaking to the nurse and the nurse practitioner's about Ava and teaching them about her situation. He was all smiles and he told me that the most important thing that Ava needs is good nutrition which I am helping with. He said that with good nutrition he felt that she could make it. That she could grow good lungs. As you can imagine, I was ecstatic. This is the first time that a doctor has said that she could possibly make it. I told him that we wouldn't be doing anything differently. That they wouldn't "pull the plug" and I wouldn't either so, what else is there to do... Ava is up to 24 ml of food and she kept it down all day. Her sugar is back up because of the steroids.

Her gas was 42 both times. They changed her amplitude to 21 this morning and it is 19 this evening. Her O2 was 60 and most of the time she was satting in the 90s. Her O2 is 55 and they are weaning her mean to 15. She now weighs 2 lb. 11oz.

The doctor is hoping to get her off the breathing machines by the end of his three weeks on the day shift.

Yesterday, the bereavement nurse that I have been speaking to for months now, told me about a woman who lost her fluid at 19 weeks and this is the second time for this to happen to her. She was even in my same room. I offered to speak to her and when I hadn't heard from the nurse, I figured that the woman didn't want to talk. I actually found out after I said that, the woman had again lost her baby for a second time. I totally feel for this woman and I can't ever imagine being in that position. I am very grateful to already have two other children.

One of the reasons I am keeping this blog and posting on facebook is to bring glory to our God. I am hoping to show everyone how important prayer is and how God answers prayer. I would love to speak to women and be able to have a great ending to this story and give encouragement. Either way, this is all God's plan and if it doesn't go the way I want it to, I should just "lean not on your own understanding - Proverbs 3:5. Although I don't want to think this, I can probably help people no matter how it ends. But I like to think what honor and glory I/we can give to God, in this day & age, when Ava comes home and lives longer than us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment