Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 56 - 8 weeks old!

Ava had an ok day today. Her gas in the am was good, but at 6pm this evening it was in the 70s. At 8pm it was 81. They put her amplitude up to 18 from 15, and early in the day when she was fine it was 13. They think the problem is that she was getting blood and she took on water again so they gave her lasik to get rid of the water. This morning Ava weighed 2lbs. 12oz. Her CO2 was 82 at 10:30pm. Finally at 11pm, they got her CO2 down to 57 with amplitude of 24.

Her length is 14.25", her head is 10 1/4" - 26.5cm (she was swollen last week). She now weighs 2lbs. 13oz. Her O2 is now 42.

One of my nurses when I was in the hospital called to ask if she could come up and see Ava. I let her up and I was very happy to see her. She is the nurse that was very nervous when I went in for surgery and I asked if she was ok. She is a lovely woman and I am so glad she cares enough to come up and see Ava.

We really need prayers. I am getting to a desperate state of mind not knowing what's going to happen. I had so much hope before and I still have hope but it's hard to keep it strong with being 8 weeks old and still having problems. Please pray for Ava. We so desperately want her to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment