Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 47

Today was a so-so day with Ava. Her CO2 was 68 this morning. It finally went down to 56 at 6pm this evening. She was desatting all day long but when I came in she was sleeping pretty well. She has been on the antibiotics for 48 hours so hopefully that will get her better and down on her settings. They had to go up on her amplitude to 19 instead of 18 and her O2 was 68%. She didn't gain any weight because she is on lasik's again today to decrease the fluid in her body because she was retaining quite a bit of water. Her sugar levels are back to normal. She is now eating 19ml of food.

The nurse said that typically any baby that has a breathing tube this long gets an infection. As of now, the infection is not in her blood.

I got a nice surprise when I came in this evening from the little baby boy's mama next to Ava. She gave us a few ADORABLE clothes for Ava with little frills on the booty. I told Ava she had better get better so she can wear them. She also gave me a book of bible verses for women, some lotion and an awesome smelling candle. She also gave me a card she had made and in it she said that I could call her if I needed to talk or cry. Thank God for wonderful people like her (you all know who you are) and great surprises. =) At least we get to see people we normally haven't seen in awhile.

We're hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow and to get someday soon a firm answer that Ava will survive. Wishing she wear some cute clothes and I can hold her...

No comments:

Post a Comment