Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 71

Ava is still on CPAP. I don't think that anybody expected her to be still. She is on 35 ml of food, up from 32. Her eye doctor appointment is on Thursday now, so keep your prayers coming. She had one "spell" today of apnea (where you stop breathing). But that is typical of preemie's. In fact, I have heard more of the other mom's up there talk about their older babies doing it at least 6 times a day. They just wake them up gently and they start breathing again. If it does happen frequently or her blood gas gets higher, they will put her back on the vent. Today at noon was the last day of steroids. So we will see tonight or tomorrow if she regresses. She was on such a low dose so they don't expect her to.

The physical therapist and occupational therapist both saw her today and they are quite impressed with her. There doesn't seem to be any problems so far. Sometimes the tube makes a dent in the upper roof of the mouth which makes feeding hard, but she didn't have a dent. The nurse said that she could possibly be breastfeeding if she stays on the CPAP and goes to the cannula in the minimum of 10 days. They are going to keep her on the CPAP a bit.

She weighs 3 lbs 15 oz - 1800 grams. So close to 4 lbs!

I also couldn't go in a see her today because I have a bit of a cold. They told me since she can maintain her temperature, I can hold her like a normal baby (in my arms). I'm sad that I wasn't able to. But I'm hoping I can tomorrow.

Praying for her gas to go lower (like in the 40s) tomorrow at 6am and to get over my cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment