Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 73

Ava's gas was 75 this morning. It then went up to 78 after the nurse did some therapy and a breathing treatment. At 8am, the next nurse got an arterial (sp?) gas and it was 66 so they kept her on the CPAP.

I have a "nasty" ear infection (that's a quote from the doctor) so I am not allowed in to see Ava until Friday after 4pm. I am missing Ava like crazy. She is definitely off of the steroids right now and she doesn't seem to have regressed. Praise God!

Ava weighs 4 lbs. 1.5 oz! She got a second blood transfusion today because her blood crit was low, followed up by lasiks. Hopefully this is the last blood she needs.

Pray that her eye's have gotten better for the eye exam tomorrow and that her blood gas will be in the 50s are lower...

1 comment:

  1. As always Ann, I'm praying for her. Someone is watching out for her. I'm glad that she is doing so great. What is the need for the blood transfusions if you don't mind me asking? Maybe I'm dumb and missed it somewhere. I'm also hoping that you will be feeling better real soon as well. I'm sure Ava misses you alot too... Holly

    ReplyDelete