Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 88

Ava's gas was 76 this 6am. They retook her gas a little bit later and it was 78. They upped her settings. She was at 85% O2. I went in to hold her this am after my board meeting, and the eye doctor came in. They were all prepared to give Ava eye surgery for her retinopathy. I was pretty upset this morning and even the nurse is noticing my lack of smiles.

The eye doctor came in and checked Ava out. She said that her eyes were the same and maybe even a bit better. She will be in on Monday to check her again. Praise God for more time! The retinopathy peaks at 36 weeks.

They started steroids on her since she wasn't doing too well on the vent. They also think she may have an infection because her hands are peeling and there is a bump near where she had an IV. The first blood test didn't show any results, but we will get the other test results in a couple days, so she has been started on medicine on an IV.

After our parents meeting that we had to start to establish a parenting group for Sister's NICU, I went in to check on Ava. She was at 100% O2 and was satting in the 70s and low 80s. I didn't think I could hold her but the nurse allowed me to, and Ava seemed to have enjoyed.

Ava weighs 5 lbs. 7 oz.

We did get good news today that Ali and Ari can come see Ava on Monday. They will love it.

Hopefully this time around the steroids will help her lungs be permanently better. Praying... A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment