Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 75


Ava's blood gas this morning was 76. They didn't take her off the CPAP, but they are going to wait a day and see if she will be better tomorrow after all these treatments. She had a very good day. Both the day and night nurses noticed the difference. They got her O2 down to 53%, but it is now up to 57%. I went in to hold her. It was the first time I could hold her in my arms. It was wonderful to look at her face even if it was with a breathing mask. Her cheeks are huge!

Ava is down to 4 lbs. 1.5 oz in weight because she is taking diuretics.

I still can't hear very well out of my right ear, but I have been on antibiotics for over 48 hours so I am not contagious. I am going to go in and hold Ava for a very long time tomorrow. Pray that she can stay on the CPAP and her blood gas is in the 50s tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment