Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 363 - A year ago today, I went into the hospital...

Ava had a good night. She woke up smiling but a big gassy as normal so the nurse gave her mylicon. I think that could help a lot if we gave that to her at 2am. I told the nurse to put her in her car seat or high chair since she was in bed all day long the day before. So the nurse did and Ava didn't like it but she eventually fell asleep. She awoke really upset in the car seat about an hour later. I came in and we were going to change the trach since it was a week. We changed it and there was a big hunk of gel like substance around the whole interior of the trach. Afterward, Ava was much happier, she went to sleep then woke up smiling. I think this is why she was a bit more fussy and her heart rate was higher the other day. I tried to tell them that especially when another primary said that she had a plugged trach the other week, but nobody would listen to me. Now I know, that I need to take charge and make them listen. Her stool was a bit loose as well so they are checking it to see if it is rotavirus. We haven't gotten the results back yet but that could be why her tummy is bothering her so much.

Today is Anthony's birthday and it is was a year ago today that we went into the hospital hoping that I could keep Ava in my tummy for at least a few weeks. I remember feeling guilty that I was going in on his birthday but now we know it was the best decision since Ava came two days later. I also got the two shots for Ava's lungs during that time. I am so grateful to God that he made that pathway available for us.

Thanking God for Ava's life and praying for her tummy to be healed...

No comments:

Post a Comment