Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 367

Ava had a horrible night with me. She desatted at least 15 times where I had to bag her O2 back in just to keep her calm. It went from every hour down to every 15 minutes she was having a fit. She stooled FIVE times last night and she would scream in pain. I felt so bad for Ava and I would ask the nurse to get her Tylenol and Motrin if it was time. I did take care of her all night and she won't be like this at home. If she was, I would be bringing her into the hospital. So, I am pretty pleased that I could handle it, and she's still around to smile. ;)

We took Ava to get her GI x-rayed this morning, but unfortunately, after a long wait, they only scanned her lower GI. They are going to scan the upper tomorrow. The lower GI did look fine. During the beginning, Ava was so happy and kept smiling at me and loved it when I sang "Old McDonald" and a cow. She actually laughed (I would probably too if I saw someone like me singing it.)

She took a short morning nap and had a couple fits in the afternoon. Afterwards, she slept for a few hours and woke up happy. Hopefully, she only had a bug and it's through her. Please pray that she turns around and is a happy baby and can come home on the 21st. We had VNA come by today to assess our home that it is suitable for her to come home to and we approved for that. Now we just need Ava ready.

Thanking God for Ava's ability to smile even on a hard day, and praying for Ava to have peace and for all of us to have wisdom and knowledge...

No comments:

Post a Comment