Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 100 - We made it this long...

Ava's gas was 54 this morning, so they set her down to 45 bpm. Her right lung looks hazy, so it could be either pneumonia or her lung collapsing. She hasn't been acting sick and her nose has only been runny a little. Her O2 has been in the 70s today. It went up from the morning though.

I wasn't able to come in today because I am congested and the girls have a slight cough and runny nose. I'm concerned about Ava getting it.

We have decided to have Ava moved on Thursday to Children's Hospital after we see her in the morning. She will go by Ambulance and she has a vent right in the incubator. We will be able to see her an hour or so after she is situated. They said that I can't ride in the ambulance. I don't really like that because I would be riding in it if it was one of my other children.

We have some good news - her eyes seem to be getting better. The doctor saw her today and will see her next week. Not sure if he will be coming to Children's.

Ava still weighs 5 lbs. 13oz. - she actually lost a gram.

I forgot to write this today (I'm actually writing this on May 5th) which should say how much stress I'm under to have forgotten what else happened today - there was a bomb threat at Sister's Hospital this morning. They were prepared to carry Ava out and "bag" her by putting a mask over her face and pushing air in her lungs. Thankfully they didn't find a bomb, but they have never had a bomb threat at Sister's before. What an awful person to have done something like that...

Praying for better days...

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers! If it is Dr Awner, he actually has an office right at Children's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad her eyes are getting better...- answered prayers right there..:-)- Nancy R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap... Glad that bomb threat wasn't real. That's a pretty terrible situation. Hopefully they catch the clown that made the threat and he gets what's coming to him.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete