Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 111 - 40 weeks




Ava's blood gas was 71 this morning, and her O2 climbed to 90%. They took a chest x-ray and found out her left lung had collapsed because the night nurse had put her on that side too long. They change her to 35 bpm, and a "peep" of 8 and her blood gas came back as 59. Her O2 went down to 66%. I got to hold her again for over an hour and she (and I) loved it. The only time she got upset is when her diaper was a mess. They only had to sedate her twice today and the nurses noticed that she is settling in more. They put her in a crib today just like her one at Sister's.

I met with the wonderful woman who's beautiful daughter has a trach and a g-tube today. She came down and met Ava and I went up and met her daughter, who has the longest eyelashes I have ever seen. She was absolutely beautiful and she looked very happy. Her mom showed me the trach and g-tube and we talked a long time about experiences. She made me feel quite comfortable about the trach and g-tube and I definitely feel more confident that if Ava is to have that as well. She was a god-send and it was a great blessing that God somehow told me that I should talk to her when I was waiting in the hallway of Children's the first day I was there. God has definitely placed people in my life in the past months that have helped me tremendously. I can't forget all the other people (like my parents and the rest of you that know who you are) who have helped us so much as well, more than I ever would have expected.

Praying for Ava's lungs to grow strong...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Ann! It is such a blessing when God sends us encouragement through friends who have walked the same road. I know you hear this all the time but i'm going to tell you anyway - you and Ava are on my mind and in my prayers always.
    Love - Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, glad you two got some more cuddle-time. She looks pretty in pink :) It's good to hear you had some reassurances from another mother today. Lots of prayers and Love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete