Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 106

Ava's gas was in the 50s all day. She was in 60% O2 early today and 90% this evening. She was sedated all day because she gets very agitated. I was able to calm her down when we were in this evening while I sang to her.

I was told this evening that Ava may never be breast fed or bottle fed. She might always need a g-tube out of her stomach since she is getting to be older. That really upsets me since I love to feed my babies. It made me cry and that is about the only thing that upsets me right now besides that my poor baby has to be sedated so much and she is full term.

Ava now weighs 6 lbs 3 oz. She is 40 cm long - 15.75", and her head is 31.5 cm - 12.40".

Praying for Ava to get better and home for us to take care of her...

1 comment:

  1. Ann, that is hard news. You are doing so great with the constant pumping - amazing! It may be a different method of feeding right now, but ultimately she is getting what she needs. I will pray you will be able to feed her soon. Maureen

    ReplyDelete