Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 112 - 16 weeks old!


Ava had a gas of 69 this morning so they went up on her rate to 40 bpm. Her gas then came down to 52. Her O2 settings were around 70% and her O2 was 62% this evening.

I got to hold her for awhile today and her eyes were wide open afterwards (see photo - her feeding tube is what is going through her nose because it's not something else that can gag her through her mouth.) The nurse also told me that she seems to be developmentally on target because Ava was trying to bat at the little lamb mobile above her head. So glad to hear that, and I am praying that she keeps developing appropriately and is not disabled due to prematurity or steroids.

I was watching "Desperate Housewives" this evening and the one character "Lynette" had her baby tonight. I actually cried because during this season, we were both pregnant at the same time and going through almost the same situations and she even had her baby at the same time as I would have. Everything seems to remind me about how I should be having a newborn right now.

Praying for Ava to come home and her lungs to become strong...

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what you must feel when you see a scene like the one on TV. My heart goes out to you..- Nancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and kisses Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're keeping you and little Ava in our thoughts and hearts.

    ReplyDelete