Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 97 - 38 weeks

Ava's gas was 79 this morning and her O2 was 90% last night. They managed to get it down in the 70s, but since her blood gas was so high they put her back on the vent. Her blood gas was 68 at 11am.

Anthony got to hold her today and she was satting in the 90s. Her heart rate is going down just like a full term baby's heart rate does, so that is good. They said that she isn't swallowing much and she has a lot of secretions.

The nurses tonight put a fear into me that I haven't felt in some time. I have no idea how to feel or act anymore. I am frightened for Ava and for my other two girls, not knowing how this family is going to end up. They told me at 8pm tonight that I should talk to the doctor on Monday about Ava being moved to Children's and getting a trach and g-tube (for feeding). We seem to be a main topic of discussion especially with Ava going back on the CPAP. Her gas was 41 this evening and she is on 55% O2, so based on that she is doing better. I'm having a hard time understanding why they were so upset, Ava is still here and if she needs a trach, that's not the worst thing in the world. Maybe she can come home to us.

Ava weighs the same - 5 lbs. 10oz. - she just gained 16 grams.

Praying for Ava's lungs to grow, not to have disabilities and for us to bring her home...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, Seems like a lot has been going on these last few days. I'm sure she enjoyed cuddling with her Papa :) Praying for her lungs and that you two get some major cuddle time in soon...feel better! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - Joe and I have been following the blog daily. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. That baby of yours is amazing. Lots of love...Melissa and Joe L

    ReplyDelete