Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 103 - As the day turns...

They are getting Ava's blood gas multiple times today. It started out fine but turned to 80 and 82 this evening. 87 after we had left. They said that if it turned worse they were putting her back on the oscillator. It did, so they put her back on the oscillator, but her gas was 26 and her O2 turned to 100%. I have to wait an hour (it's 10:30pm) to find out what they will do next.

They didn't have a lot of information on Ava or they haven't gone through it all, so they had a lot of questions. Thankfully because of this blog I was able to answer them. I was able to tell them all her blood gasses for this week. They told us that they wished they could clone us and that all parents in the NICU could be like us. 

I almost feeling bad about coming to Children's now because she is spinning out of control. I don't know really what's going to happen. They don't know if she has a viral infection or what. Her heart and brain did look good today, so that was good news. Nothing surprising there. They are sedating her again tonight to help her get through this.

They put her back on the vent since she was at 100% O2 and her CO2 was 26. After that they were able to get her O2 down to 80%.

I feel so bad that Ava is going through this. Her due date is next Friday. I wish I could have her still in my stomach. The only comfort I have for her now is that I know she wants to be here and is fighting to live.

Praying for Ava to live and get home to us to out live us all....

No comments:

Post a Comment